Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness

While I realize that this is just a rant, and nothing will ever come of it, I have to put it out there, March Madness is all wrong. Don't get me wrong here, I like and follow college basketball, nit the NBA. I think the NBA is a bunch of over-paid whiners and drama queens who never outgrew middle school.
I think the NCAA brackets for the tourney are a bit "fixed" and need fixed. There are 32 Div I conferences. I think to truly fix the problems with March Madness every Conf Champ should get a spot, there is about half of your teams. Next anyone who won a regular season championship that isn't already there gets a spot. After that any spots left are filled lottery style, everyone else gets their names put in a hat and somebody, possibly the President of the United States, picks names to fill in the rest of the bracket.
Everyone should then be seated based on their overall season record, best records get the higher ranks. So in truth, you could be one of the lottery teams and if your record is good enough you could be a #1 ranked team.
No more who you played and how much money you bring to the table, it is all based on how well you play.

No comments:

Post a Comment