Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moving On

It has been over a year since my last post here, not something I am very proud of, but I am back and will attempt to be a more frequent visitor to my own blog. As the title says, I am moving on, in more ways than one.

I have set a few goals for this year, the first of which it to post more frequently. I also want to improve my physical health by dropping 25 lbs and taking 5 minutes off of my 5K time. I am going to base the running time on this years Chamber Chase in contrast to last years race.

I am also, after a 10 yr delay, returning to school. I will be starting my MA in Ancient and Classical History at American Public University in April. So if nothing else you will be reading a bunch of my school posts and papers.

I will admit I am a bit nervous about returning to school, but I am also better able to deal with the anxiety. In 1997 I officially returned to school after 5 yrs off while I was in the Army. I thought the difference in age and the time I had spent away from school would make it difficult for me to keep up with a younger generation. I was wrong, where they had youth and a better understanding of the school setting, I had age and guile. I did just fine. Here I am 10 yrs later looking at much the same situation. At 38 yr old I have to learn to navigate an online classroom and electronic library. But I am ready. I haven't had my brain turned off for the last decade, I have continued to read and study, just at my pace and on topics I picked. Now it is time to take the knowledge and experience I have and show it off a bit to a younger generation.

Hopefully they can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment